Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Valentine's Challenge

So Valentines is around the corner and for most people this is a tradition that many of us wish it wasn't around.  Thank you Hallmark for making it worst.  This day have different value to different individuals.

Legal prostitution.  
Paying some one off with candy, flowers, and sometimes lavish gifts in order to get some nookie.  In many cases people just want someone for the day and then you won't hear from then ever again.  If you are truly unlucky they will leave you an unwanted gift that will never go away.  So "Don't be a tool, wrap your tool."

Bragging Rights with hint of pressure
To some member of society (especially men), it becomes a day that many wives, fiance, and girlfriends place a lot of pressure and high standards for a date.  They expect their football, beer loving, nut scratching hobby to all of the sudden turn in to prince charming and come up with a fairy tale date full of cheap romance thrills just so they can go brag about it to their girlfriends or acquaintance.  Really ladies, come on.

Socially un cool.
To single people of any kind (separated, divorced, dumped, or just lonely), this day is like the Scarlet Letter.  Is a social reminder telling you how much you suck for being lonely on this day and put a lot of pressure in the importance of being with someone even if they are not right for you.  You know what I have to say about anybody that gives you hell for being lonely on Valetines day, "GO SUCK ON A LEMON".

Don't give a "Chain Saw"
For many of us this has become just another day we're stuck working. In many cases is great because you are making money and not spending it on junk only valuable for that special 24 hours.

What it should be
For very few individuals it is literally just another day to truly enjoy each others company.  No fancy dinners, no fancy gifts and no unrealistic expectations from the significant other, just each other.

My self and my husband are very low key people.  We don't over value pointless dates that most people put unnecessary pressure on. How ever this doesn't stop us from trying to do very nice things for each other year round.  At this point my husband had given me the greatest gift of all, his trust, his respect, his love.  While I give him the same he has been showing a great new skill, self restrain.  

As you guys have previously read, my husband is currently under restriction from purchasing any new toys.  He has gone one entire month with out buying anything and has been holding true to this word.  Originally he couldn't buy anything until April 1st, but now he's down one week (3/24/2012).  So far he had received one treat, and that was a Gamera we found a the flea market for only $15.  Not to shabby.  Now Valentines Days is coming up soon and I want to truly get him something awesome.  At the moment we are saving for a house. so I've had to find ways to save up funds for something he truly wants.  Solution... I've been pulling $20 out of  each check so I can at least get him something worth having.  However, there is one major problem with this plan, what do you get the guy that owns a lot of toys ? Half the time, if I point something out he would tell me a) I have one in storage, b) I use to have one and it broke, c) I used to have one and it sucked, d) I used to have one and I sold it, or e) I can get one later.  This translate to having to get him something really cool that probably would cost quite some sum of mula.  So you can see the challenge.

This weekend he finally has a weekend off and we are going to the Retro Store that is only open once a month.  I'm hoping I saved up enough to get him something really cool, or maybe several cool things. We'll see.  Other wise I'll keep saving to maybe get him that 1/80 scale Godzilla.  LOL  As for my self I already got my gift.  He bought me new gages for my ears.  I've had the originals for over 10 years and it was time for an update.  I'm very happy. Wish me luck this weekend. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment