Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THE DEAL

*** Disclaimer.  I have never been a strong writer or a speller.  I have achieved higher education in my life but for what ever reason I still suck at writing. You have been warned and giggle along every time you see something funny.


So it's been a few days since we purchased the giant Godzilla, and my husband can't be prouder of his purchase.  I fact the he gets giddy every time he thinks about it or walks by it.  It's very funny and cute.   However, the Godzilla is a giant reminder of an agreement we made as a result of him purchasing this one piece for his collection and that is: He would be grounded from buying any new toys for four months. But hey what about fact #8 ( 8-  If you are dating or you are married to a toy collector trying to get them to stop is nearly impossible.  Have fun trying.  Even if you think they have stopped, many of them will find a way to do it with out telling you. ). I know... I know... but there are a couple factors involve with this.

My husband is aware that I literally think that he can't leave a retail store, discount retailers, toy store or a flea market with out buying something.  Most of the time these are items that are only $1, on deep clearance (fact #3), a rare variant of a toy that just started hitting the shelves, or a tail end toy (Toys that was part of the line but the distribution was cancelled to major store due to poor sales and ended up at discount retailers such as Ross, Bells, est.).  While this seems silly to the average person, to a toy collector this is part of the hunt for the """ULTIMATE COLLECTION""" and """BRAGGING RIGHTS""" (fact #2).  

While in the past I have failed at asking him to slow down on purchasing toys to save up some money, I believe this time is going to be different for two main reasons: a) we just bought him a new car "cash" and b) we are saving for a new home.  While I'm aware a bigger place is just a bigger area for him to continue to collect ( fact #9), is something that we desperately need. So far he's doing very well.  I haven't seen a single new box show up in the mail or any new bags from the store full with toys.  For a while there we were receiving 2 - 4 big boxes a week of toys that are about 1 1/2 foot to 2 feet tall and  I was seeing piles of shopping bags in the living room or his car back seat.  I'm very proud of him, but then again it has only been 4 days at this point. LOL  

Keeping this in mind you can only imagine our shopping trips, or even just roaming around having a fun day.  I have accepted the fact that no matter what we do together at one point of the day I will end up roaming around the toy isle at Walt-Mart, Target, Bells, Ross, Toy-R-Us,or flea markets with my husband.  While most people would be horribly annoyed by this, to me this is just part of the day for us.  My husband works a high stress job for 8 hours a 5 days a week (and sometimes 7 days straight), and to see him find happiness in these isles instead of a bar, liquor store, drugs, or gambling is truly a blessing. Plus this time he's really motivated in helping us get the best collectible we will ever buy, our future home for our family.  Cross your fingers for us. 


Picture of my husband at the store wearing a Power Rangers Mask.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment