Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oranges, Bananas, and GAMERA!!!



So today is officially the 12th day of our agreement. My husband is proving me wrong and I'm very happy about that.  He has gone store hopping for toys twice with his toy collectors friends, gone to the flea market three times, plus hit an awesome retro store and have come home empty handed.  No bags, no hidden stuff in his car and no new stuff at the storage unit. He's been putting extra effort at repaying back his car as quickly as possible and he's just over half way in less than two months.  He has earned another day off his long grounding.  So we have gone down from 4/1/2012 to 3/30/2012.  That is pretty good.   In fact, he has been doing so well that I budgeted some money to the side after bills to get him the "Zaku2" model kit he wanted about a week ago. Instead, he found something better and cheaper that he wanted, a Gamera figure.  

We found it at one of our usual toy booth we stop at.  There it was at the front of the store, a 9" GAMERA figure for only $20.  My husband is a big Godzilla fan and I'm aware that is very hard to find a good Gamera toy at an decent price that is not a knockoff cheap replica.  He looked like a little kid at the toy isle browsing and dreaming of owing some of the cool toys on the shelf knowing very well mom and dad is going to say no if he asked.  It's cute.  

Well today was his lucky day.  Today, I totally did not mind if he bought a toy because he had earned it.  Plus is a figure, that would be very hard for him to come across again.  I did not want him to regret walking away from it.  He could not believe I was giving him permission to purchase this toy, and even was trying to talk him self out it.  I reassured him this time it was all right and his eyes lit up.  What was even better is that the guys at the booth know us very well, and gave us a $5 discount since we shop there often and tell people about their booth.  So this turned out to be an even better experience for him. 

For right now I know my husband is not happy that he can't buy what ever toy he wants, but he values my respect above all.  I truly love him for that.  He also wants us to get a house, so I truly appreciate his self control, his drive, and the fact that he's willing to help our family of two above anything else. I can't ask for more. 


2 comments:

  1. Gamera! Gamera!
    Gamera is really neat!
    Gamera is filled with meat!
    We've been eating Gamera

    ReplyDelete