Monday, January 30, 2012

Giant VADER in our Living Room


So every so often I go through an experiences that feel out of this world, but in this case this was really surreal.  I never though in a million years I would have a giant inflatable object in my living room, less a giant Darth Vader.  Many people have told me that I'm a very cool chick, others have told me that I'm very understanding. To be quite honest, at the time I wasn't sure how to feel about this giant thing in our living room.  I guess I should go all the way back to the beginning.
 
 
A few weeks back my husband was looking around on craigslist for interesting stuff people post.  Upon his search he came across a posting for this giant inflatable Vader that were used back around 2005 for the Star Wars Burger King promotion.  He thought it would be an amazing idea to get this for a friend of ours birthday, as long as everybody pitches in some mula towards the cost.  At the time I didn't think much of it.  I mean, I remember seeing these Darth Vaders on top of the roof tops of BKs, but I never realized how big it was until now.  Back to the gift part....time passed and we didn't hear back from anybody regarding the gift, so my husband started thinking he was going to sale it to make his money back.  With the re-release of the Star Wars 3D movie around the corner, this might work. So we want to sale it but we didn't have any pictures of it, and here's where the madness begins.
 
The Vader has never been opened, and it weighs about 50 lbs.  This was a two man job. It took us about one hour alone just to inflate the thing.  In the end we had to actually deflate one of the portions so we could fully inflate the head with it touching the sealing.  The Vader was easily 8-12 ft wide by 9-10 ft tall.  It was nuts and kind of nuts. My husband told me I had a look of shook, mixed with happiness, and worry.  I told him I was sweating the giant Vader because I knew that he wasn't planning on keeping inflated, after that it's all gravy. 
 
This has been a fun adventure.
 
 Check out my husbands post on the Vader

No comments:

Post a Comment