Saturday, January 7, 2012

The 7TH DAY


Today is officially the 7th day of our little deal and so far I'm very very impresses with my husband.  During the week he has gone to a shop that sells retro stuff and toys, went store hopping with his toy collector friend, and even went through the flea market today with out buying anything.  You should see him at the stores or both.  He looks like the kid from a Christmas Carrol, looking at toys through the frosty glass with puppy eyes and wishing he could buy something.

While I feel really bad, I'm very proud of him.  I know toys make him very happy, but at this moment we really need to focus on purchasing our a new house.  He's repaying back the money he borrow from our house down payment to replace his car that died just before Christmas.  So while this sucks, things aren't bad for him. He really got to splurge like a drunken sailor back in December and now is the dry season.

I'm not going to lie and say I stayed firm with my decision the whole time at the flea market, I almost caved in twice.  The first time he was at one of our usual toy booth stops and I saw him holding a giant box.  At a closer look it was a 1/60 scale of a "Zaku2" model kit of from the Gundam series (Japanese Anime).  The model kit was awesome but the price was very stepped.  We easily walked away from that one.  

Just a few booths down we stooped at another shop.  They had some funny stuff, and few things that my husband recognize from his glory days of working at a toy store.  The shop had some unique merchandize.  It was almost a full complete set of carded 3" "Ahhhh real monsters" toys (still in the packages). The set looked cool, and it was a great price for it, but this time we both had to talked our way out of buying the set.  The way we looked at it is that the toys would be only for sentimental value, not for any real value and right now that's not what we need.  Besides my husband says it best "There's more than one in the world".

   

As for me, I will have to say I did bad.  Part of our agreement is that if he could not purchase any toys for his personal collection until April, I could not buy any soap from Bath & Bodyworks until then either.  While I have not broken my promised so far by buying soap, I did break my promise by buying a copper coin for my own on and off coin collecting hobby.  It was only $2, but it was worth it.  Now I own a 1 troy oz. of pure copper round. It's cool.  

As for my husband he's counting the days.  Final date is 4/1/2011, after that he can do what he wants.  The only loop whole to our agreement is that he can buy something if is going to be use for the toy shows we do that can be profitable at times.  For now he's been very content by re visiting some of his collection he has stored away in storage.  As the moment he's cataloging, taking pictures and writing blogs about his toys in this collection.  He's been thrilled in that aspect.

Once he finished replacing the money from the car, and has been good for sometime, I will consider reducing the date of his curfew.  He is my husband, and I love him very much.  I want him to be happy, not miserable. Being a hard toy Toy Collector is what make him... well him.  I want this to be done soon so he can go back to his happy self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment