Sunday, September 8, 2013

LWATC Small Army of Shogun Warrios Found at Thrift Shop

** Thank you Raging Nerdgasm for allowing me to use their pictures, 


In the three years that I have been with my husband, it still blows my mind away how he has an impeccable timing when it comes to finding bargains with toys.  Granted while I’m still learning a lot from him, I often find myself still scratching my head when he pulls out a figure, purchases for a few cents and it’s worth a small fortune all because he has a really deep knowledge of his hobby.  To me is like magic to remember that much stuff it just blows my mind away.  Could you have imaging what would had happened if he would have used his mental data banks for science…we probably would had become a real Super Villain with giant Robots and Ray Guns.  Buahahaha… but luckily he just likes toys and working like most normal Joe's.

As magical as these bargains may seen to me, I know he spends a lot of times looking through the internet social media sites, message boards, craigslist, and eBay just to name a few sources to get these crazy bargains. But unlike other collectors I have notice the he has the ability to do two things: he doesn't buy everything he sees just because is from a toy line he kind of likes, and he saves up his cash for better pieces he really loves.  I've meet many collectors that simply can’t do these things and when
a great bargain comes around they are simply broke and have to walk away.

When I heard of this lot of Shogun Warriors I knew it was a really big deal for two main reason: my husband wanted to get up really early (he works graveyard shift normally) witch most of the time is unheard off unless they're a really good reason, and I saw that twinkle in his eyes when he really wants something. I’m like oh boy… and  I asked him “What’s the price?”  The ad stated $450 or best offer for 5 Jumbo Shogun Warrior in great condition, 1 Godzilla Jumbo Shogun Warrior, and 7 small die-cast Shogun Warrior.  I stated that is was a really good price considering that every time I see these Jumbo figures people want a small fortune for the ones that are in disrepair. By the time my husband had told me about the ad, he was already in contact with the dealer who had told him he’s had a several people call him but been offering him ridiculous offers of $250 and he was becoming annoyed with the situation.  We both agreed that at $450 was already a fair price but we would go check it out and go decided from there.

The next morning we were there early.  The shop had been opened and the seller immediately greeted us and recognized my husband and his courtesy.  I explored the thrifts store and it was full of your standard stuff, old mugs, tea sets, apparatus that have been outdated for some time and some that simply made you laugh due to their impracticality but the shop was clean and it was easy to navigate through. All of the sudden from the corner of my eye there they were on a glass counter between old clocks and other doodads and  the other half of the set where on top of a table near by because of their large size.

It was so unique to see them in between so many different nick nacks but it truly felt like finding treasure.  The vendor made the exchange very pleasant and even shared stories of others that had come the store and have left agitated because he would accept their low offer, fights with wives, fights with girlfriends you name it he saw it.  We agree that $400 plus tax was good.  And I even go a small $3 blocks Minnie Mouse for my self.  All in all when we left my husband was very happy and thank me for being cool about it.  The funny part is that after several stops at several shops my husband once again spent a small fortune and I spent just a few bucks.  C’est La Vi.


1 comment: